Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Meet another pack member: Holly

Holly eyeing up Snowy the gerbil, who sadly passed away 12th Sept 2011.
One snowy winter I was born under a wandering star, in a barn, no less, and I’ve been happily living with my pack since for nine years, which makes me top dog. Well, over Tia that is.  I’ve been told I’m quite skittish, highly strung and extremely clever. I’m also a very chatty dog. If you talk to me, I will talk back. I’ve even trained myself to learn all the key human words, which make me tilt my head and prick up my ears with excitement every time I hear them uttered. Even those words my owner spells out, so I don’t react and start begging and whining noisily for whats been said. See, I told you I’m clever! I can open doors, too. Nothing can keep me out. or in.  


My mother is an English Pointer and my father, well, everyone thinks he was a black Lab, so I guess that makes me a Pointer cross. I hate loud noises like fireworks, balloons popping, doors slamming in the wind and other loud bangs I don’t understand. I don’t like being locked up in the house at all and will try to break down the door the moment you try to shut me in. Even with Tia at home with me. My biggest fear is taking a bath. As you can imagine, I stay well clear of the bathroom. I don’t even like the ‘B’ word being mentioned. 


I do, however, love long walks, chasing rabbits, swimming and chomping on sticks and balls until they are unrecognisable, slimy objects. If you’ve got a ball or a stick to play with I’ll do anything for it.  That and those delicious treats called Bonios and a chance to roll around on my back with all four legs in the air squelching in a nice fresh fox poo. 


If I had to choose one thing I excel at, it would have to be barking at the postwoman in her bright orange jacket and ripping up the post as it arrives through our letter box. Maybe that’s two things, but it all comes under the same job of protecting the house. 


My birthday is on 1st December 2001, which makes me ten this year, and not a small dog to have on the bed with you at night. 

Met Tia yet?

0 Friendly Woofs!:

Post a Comment

We truly appreciate every comment left here. Thank you!

The Pack
My Dogs Review...